Posted on August 25, 2011 AT 02:46pm
From the official Battleblog comes some added details on weapon customization as it’ll be in Battlefield 3. Here’s what we know:
* Each main weapon will have three accessory slots, where unlocked accessories can be attached.
* Weapon accessory unlocks are received on a “per weapon basis”. Thus, the more you use a particular weapon, the more you’ll be able to customize it.
* Pictured above is a carbine that has been equipped with a barrel, bipod, and a 4X magnification combat scope. The Battleblog notes that this setup would be good for medium to long range combat, and for laying down suppressive fire to support teammates.
* Next, here is the same carbine, but now equipped with a suppressor, foregrip, and quick acquisition holographic scope. This setup would be better for close quarters battle.
* Unlockable weapon accessories include an assortment of optics, suppressors, bipods, barrels, underslung grenade launchers, underslung shotguns, foregrips, flashlights, laser sights, and more.
* While the class and model of your weapon will determine a number of basic values (like muzzle speed, energy, and fire rate), you can always modify it to tweak it towards anything from long range to close quarters combat.
Today's Top 10 Stories
RUMOR: Next Xbox Dashboard Update Beta in June/July, Features Microsoft Point Phase Out and UI Changes15 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.