Microsoft has revealed that it will be pushing a number of new Xbox One features to Xbox Insiders over the next few weeks.
The updates will include the options to add club blocks to Home, cloud saves for console settings to make moving from one console to another easier, and new notifications for when the Xbox One is idle, including LFG posts, broadcasts, and achievements.
As well as the above, Insiders will be able to hide games with no unlocked achievements, access a miniature Game Hub from the Guide, and uses the Xbox App to finish setting up their Xbox One X console while the day one update is downloading.
Take a look at the full list of upcoming features below:
- For Xbox Insiders in the Alpha ring, the Microsoft Store now enables gifting of most digital Xbox One games, “durable” downloadable content (DLC) (map packs, weapon skins, etc.), Xbox Live Gold, and Xbox Game Pass—right from your console! Just choose a game within the Store, select “Buy as Gift,” and send it to your friends or family members by picking their Gamertag or entering their email address.
- In addition to games and friends, you will soon be able to add club blocks to Home. We’re also making it easier to explore additional types of blocks at the bottom of Home by adding a new section under “Add More.”
- We’re improving the setup experience to make it better for both new users and upgraders. The settings from your home console will now be saved to the cloud, just like your game saves. Whenever you set up a new console, you will have the option of applying these settings during the sign-in process.
- Additionally, your console will now back up even more settings, including your TV & OneGuide settings. This expansion will provide a simple experience when you transition from one console to another using the settings backup to your external games and apps storage device.
- The Xbox app for iOS and Android will now enable you to finish setting up your new Xbox One X console while it’s downloading the day one update. Additionally, we’ve also improved the process for enabling 4K output right out of the box.
- Xbox’s new notifications provide an at-a-glance status of what activities you can immediately step into after you’ve had to step out for a moment. We’re adding additional notifications types when your system goes idle, including LFG posts, broadcasts, and Achievements.
- We’re adding miniature Game Hubs for your most recently used games in the Guide. That way, you can access the great content on a game hub without having to leave the action.
- Adults who have enabled the “Buy & download” online safety setting will now have an easier time purchasing games thanks to a passkey/password challenge directly in the Xbox dashboard.
- We’ve heard your feedback! Games with no unlocked achievements can now be hidden from the personal and public view of your profile.
As mentioned above, these features and improvements will be rolled out to Xbox Insiders over the coming weeks.
In other news, Microsoft recently made its first batch of original Xbox backward compatible games available on Xbox One, including Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Black, Ninja Gaiden Black, Red Faction II, and Fusion Frenzy.
Source: Xbox Wire