Posted on July 25, 2011 AT 11:46am
Some brand new FIFA 12 details have today been revealed by The Guardian.
FIFA 12 is shaping up to the biggest game in the franchise to date, a complete overhaul of the game engine, enhanced AI and other improvements will hopefully seal this.
- Complete overhaul, three major changes, player impact system, a re-designed tactical defence system and precision dribbling.
- The Guardian explain in one game they played Barton sent Bale spinning literally spinning across the turf like a crash test dummy. Muscular forwards like Balotelli use their strength to barge through defenders.
- The physics pose a real risk to players. You get brilliant goalmouth scrambles with players piling in and the ball ricochets realistically between multiple players.
- You will see off the ball collisions a bit more often.
- The game flow feels much more varied.
- The result is a game which is more analogue in terms of pace; youre not just sprinting everywhere. youre playing around with speed, youre slowing, then accelerating, youre Lionel Messi when you approach a defender with no buttons pressed itll drop you into precision control automatically. The system wants you to play well.
- Career mode has much more depth:
- Unfit players are more injury prone and if played un-fit it will worsen your relationship with the player .
- Player psychology and media intervention play a big part
- The media pick up on injuries, player resentment and run stories.
- Players can become unhappy if they think they are not being paid enough, because the team is not successful enough or if they arent getting played enough. If they become unhappy their form dips, if you dont do anything about it they will talk to the press.
- Transfer AI is more cunning. Transfer targets will chance huge wage demands.
- Extended transfer deadline day feature which provides tons of last-minute business, a news feed of the latest deals and a ticking countdown clock.
- Your Chief Executive will provide hints on who to buy.
- A challenge section provides scenarios based on real world events. The example given is if Drogba scores a first half hat-trick against Sunderland you can take on the challenge of playing as Sunderland and try and stem the onslaught.
- Players align themselves with a favourite club which then gets a share of all their XP wins. This is then averaged out to create a score and a league table which reflects the weekly fortunes of all the real world sides.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Unveiled, Higher Polygon Counts, a Man's Best Friend, Player Customization, and More25 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.