Posted on April 2, 2012 AT 07:11am
THE BUZZ: Infinity Ward has added a new Free-For-All gunplay game mode to the Modern Warfare 3 community playlist, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
The Free-For-All gunplay list cycles four game modes, including a new variation known as All or Nothing. The playlist details:
Two Gun Game variations
- One variation uses an 18 gun progression including 2 sniper rifles to separate the men from the boys.
- The second variation cycles 6 guns 3 times (no sniper rifles) so learn the 6 gun progression and pace yourself through the 3 waves
One In The Chamber using the P99 handgun
- Players begin with one bullet and earn a bullet for every kill (with gun or tactical knife)
- Elimination occurs after 3 deaths but the last 3 players will be visible on the mini-map to keep the action rolling
- Eliminated players can chase remaining players in spectator mode and back a winner of their choosing by selecting them
- Selecting a player that you’re spectating gives you 150 XP for each of their subsequent kills so you can still stay in the game after you’re eliminated
All Or Nothing
- All players spawn with the USP .45 handgun with no ammo and a Throwing Knife
- The loadout includes the Hardline perk and Specialist point streak with Scavenger in the first slot
- As you get kills, you pick up scavenger packs and get ammo
- Once you’re killed you spawn back with no ammo and start again
- It’s like One in the Chamber meets Infected with plenty of hilarity mixed in
Infinity Ward confirmed that this new playlist won’t replace any previous ones.
EGM’s TAKE: All or Nothing actually sounds like a lot of fun. The ability to pick up ammo as you means that good players will become a lot more powerful, but their loss risk becomes ever greater also. One slip up and you’re back to square one. This should lead to some nice free flowing action where no one player is guaranteed to win.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.