Posted on September 12, 2011 AT 12:04pm
THE BUZZ: Bethesda has been answering a number of questions from fans regarding The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and in doing so has revealed some new information about the game.
Pete Hines, PR man for Bethesda, took to Twitter in order to answer some questions. He revealed the following information:
- You can save anywhere. We don’t do checkpoints. We now have a three autosave system though.
- Yes, there are children. No, you can’t hurt or kill them.
- [Autosaves] alternate between three slots. You set time interval (5, 10, 15, minutes etc) as well as if it saves on sleep, wait, etc.
- No, there is no hardcore mode.
- Finishing moves happen randomly. They aren’t under the player’s control whether you see them, or which ones you see.
- On Music: Yes, there is a lot of everything. There is hours (plural) of music [by Jeremy Soule] here.
- We don’t do deformable terrain. Creating a beautiful, seamless outdoor world w/ no loads is hard enough as it is.
- On crafting enchanted armor and weapons: You can buy them or create them yourself. DIY is certainly cheaper. May or may not be better than what you’ve found.
- You can put weapons or magic in either hand. You can only equip shields and torches in your left hand. Bows as well.
- Yes, settings determine how hard enemies are. [Difficulty] adjusts some based on your level and it’s more of a range.
- Subtitles for everything in the game. As with our previous games.
- Yes, there is button mapping.
EGM’s TAKE: There’s a lot of information to take in, however we picked out the new autosave changes and difficulty scaling as the most important. These two should ensure that you don’t just breeze through everything in your path, while protecting your controller against an unexpected trip through the TV screen.
Today's Top 10 Stories
RUMOR: Next Xbox Dashboard Update Beta in June/July, Features Microsoft Point Phase Out and UI Changes66 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.