This July, Nintendo will be releasing two classic games per week for the 3DS’ Virtual Console service. Here’s a list of those games, along with a trailer showing them off.
This list should be complete, as it would fill out the “two games per week” idea:
- July 5th: The Legend of Zelda (NES)
- July 12th: Kirby’s Pinball Land (GameBoy)
- July 12th: The Sword of Hope II (GameBoy)
- July 19th: Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GameBoy)
- July 19th: Tumblepop (GameBoy)
- July 26th: Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (GameBoy)
- ??: Sonic Blast (GameGear)
- ??: Sonic Labyrinth (GameGear)
I’m really glad to see Nintendo of America getting more games up on the service, but part of that is due to how utterly quiet their Virtual Console efforts can be at times. As well, none of these games totally thrill me—but I know there will be many people glad to get their hands on those releases.
I think the problem is that I’m not really sure there are many original GameBoy games that I’m waiting for. Once we non-Ambassadors start to get the option to snag GameBoy Advance games digitally, that’s where I start to get really excited.