Posted on October 12, 2012 AT 05:45pm
Electronic Arts had a very productive month in September, with football cash cow Madden NFL 13 pulling ahead of the pack. To boot, the published also saw high sales from four other franchises as well.
Here’s the list of September’s best-selling top 10 games, as collected by the NPD Group’s monthly report:
- Madden NFL 13 (X360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita) – Electronic Arts
- Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) – Take-Two Interactive
- FIFA Soccer 13 (PS3, X360, PS Vita, Wii, 3DS, PSP) – Electronic Arts
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) – Nintendo
- Guild Wars 2 (PC) – NCSoft
- NHL 13 (X360, PS3) – Electronic Arts
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (PC) – Activision Blizzard
- NCAA Football 13 (X360, PS3) – Electronic Arts
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (X360, Wii, 3DS, DS, PS3, PS Vita, PC) – Warner Bros. Interactive
- Battlefield 3 (X360, PS3, PC) – Electronic Arts
NPD also reported that video game sales on the whole are down compared to this month last year, which might be a bad indicator for October sales this month. Console sales took a 39 percent dive, while console games were down 11 percent.
It’s also a rare month with no Call of Duty on the list, although Battlefield 3 is still hanging on at the #10 position. That’s the only game left in the “top 10″ lineup that’s been around since 2011, showing some serious staying power.
Source: NPD Group
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.