Mario Kart 8 and Pokemon X and Y are the reigning sales champions for Nintendo’s two gaming machines, according to today’s Nintendo earnings report covering fiscal year 2016.
Nintendo also provided a projected outlook for the next fiscal year in their report, citing the release of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon for winter 2016, as well as Kirby: Planet Robobot,and Metroid Prime: Federation Force. To no one’s surprise, the recently dated NX console is also mentioned.
“For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed ‘NX’ with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally,” reads the Nintendo earnings report.
The full list of best-sellers, which compiles numbers for both physical and digital sales, is below.
- Mario Kart 8 – 7.5 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U – 5.19 million
- Nintendo Land – 5.07 million
- Super Mario 3D World – 4.82 million
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U – 4.8 million
- Splatoon – 4.27 million
- Super Mario Maker – 3.52 million
- New Super Luigi U – 2.49 million
- Mario Party 10 – 1.76 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD – 1.72 million
- Pokemon X/Y – 14.7 million
- Mario Kart 7 – 13.26 million
- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 11.84 million
- Super Mario 3D Land – 10.73 million
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 10.25 million
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 10 million
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS – 8.12 million
- Tomodachi Life – 4.98 million
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 4.82 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 4.04 million