Announced on Major Nelson’s blog, the Xbox Live iOS app helps you access various parts of the Xbox Live service no matter where you are. Among the list of functions the app provides are:
• Read and send messages to friends
• Manage your friends list, invite new friends
• Read and Edit your full LIVE profile (name, bio, motto)
• Change your avatar features/items with the avatar closet
• View and compare your achievement progress with friends
The app is free to all owners of iOS devices, and can be downloaded from the iTunes Store (linked below).
EGM’s TAKE: I’m a bit surprised it has taken Microsoft this long to make an official iOS app for doing these kinds of things, seeing as how many third-party solutions there have been out there. Still, it’s nice that they’ve finally done so.
Also, unfortunately for me, this app requires iOS version 4.3—meaning my poor old iPhone 3G isn’t able to run it.
Are you excited about the Xbox Live iOS app? Do you want more ways to connect to your Xbox Live account such as this?
Source: iTunes Store