Ending their fundraising run last night, Team Ouya can now claim their status as the second most successful project in Kickstarter history. Now that the Android-powered console’s drive has racked up a final tally of $8,596,475, the development team has launched the system’s brand-new website and put together a pre-order option for latecomers.
As a brief recap, here’s the landmarks that the Ouya hit during its Kickstarter race:
- Fastest Kickstarter project to hit $1 million (8 hours and 22 minutes)
- Highest 24-hour funding in Kickstarter history ($2,589,687.77)
- Highest funded gaming project in Kickstarter history
- Nvidia Tegra 3 processor
- Android 4.0 interface
- 1080p HD via HDMI
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB on-board flash storage
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- 802.11b/g/n wireless support
- USB 2.0, SD card ports
If you somehow didn’t hear about the Ouya and still want one, you can still order a console for $109 at the official website. It’ll take an extra month for you to get it, though, but that’s the price you pay for not getting in on the good, early deals.