The fifth season of Overwatch Competitive Play will get underway on May 31st at 5 p.m. PDT, Blizzard has announced.
“If you completed your placement matches during Season 4, you will eligible to receive a special spray and player icon,” the developer explains. “These will be unlocked automatically when you log into your account the first time after the season ends. If you are placed within the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region) at the end of the season, you’ll receive an extra player icon and animated spray on top of the other seasonal rewards.”
As well as the above rewards, players will also receive a certain number of Competitive Points based on where they finished:
- SR 1-1499 (Bronze): 100 CP
- SR 1500-1999 (Silver): 200 CP
- SR 2000-2499 (Gold): 400 CP
- SR 2500-2999 (Platinum): 800 CP
- SR 3000-3499 (Diamond): 1200 CP
- SR 3500-3999 (Master): 2000 CP
- SR 4000-5000 (Grandmaster): 3000 CP
As previously announced, Season 4 of Overwatch‘s Competitive Play will come to a close on May 28th at 5 p.m. PDT.