Overwatch‘s latest public test region update was full to bursting with hero rebalances, but Blizzard is still trying to stuff a few more in there.
In a recent post on its official forum, Blizzard announced another handful of hero tweaks coming to the PTR. The new list isn’t as big as in the previous update, but it’s still bigger than you might expect, announcing 10 more significant hero changes that apparently weren’t ready in time.
Going down the list, Junkrat will see a massive damage buff, increasing the impact damage of his primary fire grenades from 40 to 60. Lúcio, meanwhile, is once again getting his Speed song slashed, with a reduction from 30 percent to 20 percent speed boost for the base version, and 70 percent down to 50 percent when amped. On the bright side, Lúcio’s wall riding now bumps his speed by 40 percent instead of 20, making escape a little easier.
McCree’s buff is not something brand new, and is instead a response to a change that went live in the update that just launched. The previous PTR update buffed his Deadeye Ultimate to ramp up the damage drastically after 2.5 seconds, but this is getting buffed even more to be 1.5 seconds.
Following Reaper’s buff in the last Overwatch update, the hero had become the most durable damage dealer out there, and it looks like Blizzard finally caught on. Reaper’s Reaping passive (which absorbs health from enemies he damages) will soon only absorb 40 percent of damage done rather than 50.
Symmetra is seeing a respectable buff to the ramp-up time of her primary fire–20 percent–while Zarya is getting a nerf to the blast radius of both the standard and charged versions of her Particle Cannon alternate fire. Zenyatta will get both a buff and nerf, reducing the effect of his Orb of Discord from 30 percent to 25 percent, while increasing the damage of his primary attack from 46 to 48.
The second update’s full patch notes can be found below, with the changes landing on the PTR by end of this week at the latest. In other Overwatch news, the game’s newest Support hero, Baptiste, is also live on the test server, as of the previous update.
- Frag Launcher: Impact damage increased from 40 to 60
- Speed Song: Effect lowered from 30% to 20%
- Amp it up: Speed song amped effect reduced from 70% to 50%
- Wall Ride: Passive movement speed gained while wall riding increased from 20% to 40%.
- Bonus damage ramp from the previous 1.34 change will now begin after 1.5s, down from 2.5.
- Passive: Healing amount reduced from 50% to 40%
- Photon Projector: Primary fire damage ramp speed increased by 20%
- Particle Cannon: Alternate fire radius reduced from 2-3 to 1-2 (based on energy level)
- Orb of Discord: Effect reduced from 30% to 25%
- Orb of Destruction: Damage increased from 46 to 48
Source: Blizzard Forums