Overwatch‘s Genji will soon be joining the Heroes of the Storm roster, Blizzard has announced.
“Once the carefree youngest scion of the Shimada clan, Genji was cut down by his own brother for refusing to take part in their illegal ventures,” the developer explains. “Grafted into a cyborg body by Overwatch, Genji walks his own path as one who fights for what’s right.”
Genji is an Assassin hero who has high levels of damage, but low suitability and utility. A brief rundown of this abilities can be found below:
- SHURIKEN – Throw 3 Shuriken in a spread pattern, each dealing 65 damage to the first enemy hit. Stores up to 3 charges. Shuriken’s cooldown replenishes all charges at the same time.
- DEFLECT – Become Protected for 1.25 seconds. Any damage blocked during this period causes Genji to throw a Kunai toward the nearest enemy, prioritizing Heroes and dealing 55 damage. Damage Deflected: 0
- SWIFT STRIKE – Dash forward, dealing 215 damage to all enemies in a line. Enemy Heroes that die within 2 seconds of being hit with Swift Strike cause the cooldown and mana cost to be refunded.
- DRAGONBLADE – Unleash the Dragonblade for 8 seconds. While active, Dragonblade can be reactivated to lunge forward and slash in a huge arc, dealing 240 damage. If enemy Heroes are killed within 2 seconds of being hit by Dragonblade, Swift Strike’s cooldown is reset.
- X-STRIKE – Perform two slashes dealing 135 damage. The slashes detonate after 1.25 seconds causing an additional 270 damage to enemies in their area.
Blizzard also revealed that Overwatch‘s Hanamura map will be joining the map rotation in Heroes of the Storm. The map prevents players from attacking the opponent’s core directly and instead centers around two payloads, one for the top of the map and another for the bottom. Escorting a payload to the destination will deal damage to the enemy team’s core.
Earlier this month, Blizzard unveiled Heroes of the Storm’s major 2.0 update which will introduce a brand new progression system alongside Overwatch-style loot boxes.