Nintendo’s announced a slew of 3DS release dates and Paper Mario: Sticker Star has been confirmed for an early November debut on the handheld system. It’ll be the fourth title in the Paper Mario franchise, and as its name hints, will feature a new “sticker” mechanic that Mario uses to equip weapons, items, and certain power-ups.
Aside from Paper Mario: Sticker Star, several other titles were updated with release dates or launch windows for both the 3DS and the Nintendo DS lineup, along with some Nintendo eShop releases.
Here’s the newest announcements that were highlighted in a press release today, with some particularly high-profile games getting solid launch dates, including the newest Professor Layton installment:
- Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! (Oct. 1)
- Crosswords Plus (Oct. 1)
- Sparkle Snapshots 3D (Oct. 18)
- Skylanders Giants (Oct. 21)
- Style Savvy: Trendsetters (Oct. 22)
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Oct. 28)
- Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! (Nov. 5)
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nov. 11)
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (Nov. 18)
It looks like the remainder of the year should provide a huge sales boost for Nintendo hardware, especially with the 3DS XL hitting shelves right before all these releases this August. Of course, the biggest seller will assuredly be Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, which are pure Nintendo DS titles and will benefit from the system’s huge install base.
Source: Business Wire