Posted on July 9, 2012 AT 05:39am
Sega is set to release Phantasy Star Online 2 across the U.S. and Europe in early 2013, according to a leaked press release.
The free-to-play game arrives ten years after the Dreamcast original. The press release, which is yet to be officially distributed, states that the game will launch on PC only. The game features:
- Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
- Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
- Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
- Randomized dungeon maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
- Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
- Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST
“Phantasy Star Online was a revolutionary game when it was released, and we want to make sure that its successor in the series is every bit as ambitious,” said Chris Olson, vice president of digital at Sega. “We look forward to introducing Phantasy Star Online 2‘s unique, easy-to-access multiplayer action to the rest of the world next year.”
Satoshi Sakai, the producer of Phantasy Star Online 2 at Sega of Japan, added, “The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in. Just as great table-top RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests.”
The official announcement trailer for the game is set to private on Sega’s YouTube channel, once the press release is sent out it should go live.
Source: PSO World
Today's Top 10 Stories
RUMOR: Next Xbox Dashboard Update Beta in June/July, Features Microsoft Point Phase Out and UI Changes64 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.