Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire players now a new update and some free DLC to keep them busy this weekend.
The DLC, titled “Beard and Hair,” is the third piece of free content released for the game and introduces new hair styles, beard choices, and a new personality setting called energetic.
In addition to the DLC, a free update is now available to download that includes the option to skip the introduction, balance adjustments for Veteran and PotD, a new button to refill ship supplies, and new options to enable/disable certain visual features, including Weather Effects, Lights, and Combat Text.
Read the full patch notes below:
New Features & Updates
- Intro Skip Added
- There is now a Start & Skip Intro button that brings the player directly to the second level of the game.
- This feature becomes available after you have played through the intro once, or loaded a save (after getting the update).
- Veteran & PotD Balance Improvements
- Armor and Penetration now scale up on PotD.
- Many encounters have had units swapped out for tougher versions.
- Some encounters have had units added or set to ambush the party during the encounter.
- Additional Custom AI support and updates:
- All Conditionals have now been categorized in the Custom AI menu.
- The AI Toggle button on the ability bar now supports cycling through: Attacking while using Abilities, Attacking while not using Abilities, and Not using AI.
- The following actions can now be conditionalized in Custom AI: Using Consumable quick slot items, Activating Modals, Switching Weapon Sets, and Basic Weapon Attacking.
- Ship Resupply
- A new “Refill Ship Supplies” button can now be used to conveniently purchase ship supplies from any storefront that sells Medical Supplies, Cannon Shot, and Repair Supplies.
- World Map Legend Added
- A new Map Legend has been added that allows all icons on the World Map to be filtered by category.
- Character Appearance Improvements
- Character Appearance can now be changed in-game via the Appearance button on the Inventory screen (Player and adventurers only).
- Character Hairstyles are now rendered naturally with some Hats.
- Eye Color customization has been added.
- Graphics options expanded
- Six new toggles have been added to the Graphics menu to enable/disable certain visual features including Weather Effects, Lights, and Combat Text.
- News Feed Updated
- The News Feed on the Main Menu has been revamped to include links to the latest articles, DLC, and social media.
- Many edge case crashes (reported by users) have also been resolved.
- Managing party with capes on the World Map.
- God conversations returning party to player ship with characters who have capes.
- Client was creating a folder that required permission to access.
- Issues loading saves causing players to return to Main Menu.
- Issues transitioning to difference scenes causing players to return to Main Menu.
- Leveling up characters with bonus weapon sets no longer causes a black screen.
- Resolved an issue that blocked users with certain permissions from loading saves.
- Creating a multiclass character with spells and non-spell abilities no longer blocks character creation.
- Level Scaling now also adjusts enemy levels up. Normal enemies are scaled up to 4 levels higher and Named enemies are scaled up to 6 levels higher
- Critical Path Only Level Scaling is now working properly(Hasongo, Ashen Maw and Ukaizo).
- Gold, Greed & Guts achievement now consistently unlocks when requirements are met.
- A large amount of localization corrections have been implemented.
- Companions who died while Spiritshifted can now have their equipment looted.
- Part of Blade of the Endless Paths now appears in the Captain’s Quarters if players had forged the blade in their Pillars I history.
- Fixed a memory leak that degraded FPS over time.
- Chanter Phrases are no longer removed upon Retraining.
- Fixed an issue where weapons could be removed from the player’s inventory after Spiritshifting.
- Fixed an issue where faction questlines were not being closed out properly if the player had killed Queen Onekaza.
- Adjusted how Disposition, Reputation, and Relationship values were being calculated.