Posted on March 30, 2012 AT 07:29am
THE BUZZ: A few members of the Modern Warfare 3 community have issued a call to arms for a server blackout day, to convince Infinity Ward to fix various issues present in the game.
The movement asks all players to refrain from playing Modern Warfare 3 on April 20 in protest of a lack of post launch support by Activision and Infinity Ward.
- Lag Compensation
- Matchmaking options which include the ability to enable, disable local search and base search off the party leader when playing with friends.
- Changes to the broken spawn system
- Full-featured theater mode including volume controls in options
- Tac insert removed from kill confirmed
- More hardcore game modes
- Better Elite playlist options
- Objective stats on in-game scoreboards
- Akimbo machine pistol nerf
- Removal of any assault killstreaks from the support package
- Removal of deathstreaks
- Fix LAN settings for competitive events
EGM’s TAKE: That an awful lot of demands from such a small movement, but maybe it will begin to grow as more people get wind of this. The only realistic gripes that we see are the lag and spawn issues. Many players have complained of these problems since the game launched, with many angry posters taking to various forums every day to vent, and yet Infinity Ward hasn’t acted. Will they take notice if people really do boycott the game on April 20? The major problem is with hundreds of thousands playing the game everyday, how will you stop enough of them from logging on to make a difference?
Are you sick of a lack of support, or do you think the development team are doing a good job? Leave your thoughts below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.