PUBG Corp. has worked out the issues that plagued PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds‘ War Mode last time it was live, and now it is back.
From now through May 20th, players will be able to take part in the War Mode: Desert Knights Returns Event Mode.
War Mode puts players into one of 10 five-man squads and sees them battle in a small area of the map. All players will start in the plane with a random care package weapon, a level three vest, and a level three helmet, and players will respawn in the plane upon death. Read the full rules below:
- All players are grouped up in teams of five. Each game will have a maximum of 50 players (up to ten full teams).
- Immediately after the plane gets into the air, the safe zone is visible on the map.
- The safe zone is small—but slightly larger than the first iteration of War Mode—and never closes in or changes location throughout the duration of the game.
- Getting kills and knocks (when your opponent is “down but not out”) earns points for your team. The first team to get 200 points wins.
- Kill: +3 points
- Knocks: +1 point
- Own Team Kill / Own Team Knock: -5 points
- If no team reaches 200 points before the 15-minute time limit, the team with the highest score will be declared the winner.
- Each time you’re killed, you’ll respawn in planes that fly by every 40 seconds.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is available now on Xbox One and PC.