PlayStation Experience 2017 will feature much more than just game reveals, with a variety of presentations and panels planned to celebrate all that is PlayStation.
There will be six different presentations/panels over the course of the event’s first full day. Two of PlayStation’s biggest series are getting the spotlight, with an Uncharted 10th Anniversary Celebration and The Last of Us Part II: Meet the Cast panel wrapping up the day, but not before fans get a deeper look at the work of some other star PlayStation developers like Sucker Punch Productions and Media Molecule.
The full list of December 9th’s presentations and panels, along with their content and scheduled times, can be found below:
- PlayStation VR Game Panel (11:00 a.m. Saturday, December 9th) – We can’t wait to tell you more about this one! Experience a candid conversation between two legends as they discuss developing their new PS VR title and lessons from VR development.
- Media Molecule Presents Dreams (12:30 p.m. Saturday, December 9th) – Join Media Molecule studio directors Siobhan Reddy, Mark Healey, and Alex Evans alongside a very special guest to take an in-depth look at the development of Dreams during their exclusive Saturday panel at 12:30 p.m.
- IGN Ranks the Top 10 PlayStation Games of all Time (2:00 p.m. Saturday, December 9th) – IGN’s Podcast Beyond crew is here to figure out the 10 best PlayStation games ever, and they need your help! Uncharted 2 or The Last of Us? Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Journey or Shadow of the Colossus? Is it too soon for Horizon Zero Dawn to make the list? Help us build the best of the best that PlayStation has to offer. Help us celebrate 20+ years of PlayStation at PSX!
- Ghost of Tsushima: From Concept to Reveal (3:30 p.m. Saturday, December 9th) – It’s been a month since we announced our newest title, Ghost of Tsushima. Here at Sucker Punch, we’ve watched so many reaction videos and read many of your comments with smiles on our faces, so we thought PSX was a great opportunity to share a little more with you all. Join us on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. as Nate Fox (Creative Director), Jason Connell (Creative/Art Director), Billy Harper (Animation Director), Ryuhei Katami (Associate Producer, Sony Interactive Entertainment) and moderator Brian Altano (IGN) discuss how we approached making the debut trailer and what inspired us to make this game. We’ll share epic concept art that’s driving the tone and visuals for the game, and share a little about our reference trips to Japan and working with new team members that are helping make Ghost of Tsushima even better. Also be sure to stop by our signing session after the panel and come say hi. Stay tuned for more info on time and location.
- Uncharted 10th Anniversary Celebration (5:00 p.m. Saturday, December 9th) – Join us as we celebrate the Uncharted 10th Anniversary at PSX 2017 with an unprecedented gathering of the cast from throughout the series! Nolan North, Emily Rose, Richard McGonagle, Claudia Black, Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, Graham McTavish, and Robin-Atkin Downes reflect on the series and share their memories with guest moderator Greg Miller (Kinda Funny). We’ll also be hosting a special signing session with the cast prior to the panel. Keep an eye on the PlayStation Experience app for time and location!
- The Last of Us Part II: Meet the Cast (6:30 p.m. Saturday, December 9th) – Join Naughty Dog and the cast of The Last of Us Part II as they discuss the making of the cutscene teaser trailer that was revealed just a few short weeks ago at Paris Games Week. Director and writer, Neil Druckmann, co-writer Halley Gross, and key members of the game’s cast discuss the writing process, casting, performance capture, and more. For those attending the event, there will also be a signing session following the panel.
PlayStation Experience 2017 kicks off with its live showcase at 8 p.m. PT on December 8th, followed by the opening of the event’s show floor December 9th and 10th in the Anaheim Convention Center. Those that can’t attend can follow the event and its reveals on live.playstation.com, which will include the panels above.
The majority of developers and publishers set to take part in this year’s show were recently detailed by PlayStation, and there will be no shortage of participants. Over 80 different exhibitors will be at the show, showing off over 100 different titles.
Source: PlayStation Blog