The full change log:
Furniture placement limit
We have doubled the furniture placement limit in Personal Spaces and Clubhouses from 50 to 100 items. This has been a regularly requested change and we’re eager to see what new layouts you come up with!
Standard and active furniture limits have been merged into the same system. Currently all actives take up 22 furniture slots in the new system. Thus you can now place a variety of different combinations:
– 100 standard furniture items or…
– 78 standard furniture items and 1 active or…
– 56 standard furniture items and 2 actives or…
– 34 standard furniture items and 3 actives or…
– 12 standard furniture items and 4 actives.
Targeting in Personal Spaces
Targeting in Personal Spaces has been improved. This means you shouldn’t accidentally target furniture items through floors or ceilings any more.
– Although we have made exceptions for wall hangings and lights as these tend to be placed quite high up.
– If you find any items of furniture in places you can’t reach then you can always remove them through the furniture browser and place them somewhere else.
We have changed the way that companion portables work so they will automatically re-activate after you enter and leave a mini-game or relocate between spaces. No more having to put your companion away and take them out again when you do this!
There is a more proactive help system to aid new users outside of their Harbour Studio Personal Space as they explore PlayStationHome for the first time.
Arcade games are no longer subject to the 3 minute inactivity timeout when placed as furniture in Personal Spaces or Clubhouses.
We have removed the “Community” section of the Menu Pad. The information that used to be contained in here is now communicated via the message of the day pop-up at login and the new loading screens.
EGM’s TAKE: Sony is really pushing Home with the overhaul and now this major update, but will it increase the numbers?
What do you think of Home since the update? Leave your thoughts below.