Posted on September 29, 2011 AT 06:08am
THE BUZZ: PlayStation Home will be down for maintenance today, and when it returns update 1.55 will be live for the service.
The service went offline this morning and depending on when you’re reading this it may already be back online. Version 1.55 will bring some changes to the start up, wardrobe and furniture browsing. The full patch notes are:
Application of the Patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the 1.55 patch please wait for the orange “Hard Drive activity” light to stop flashing on your PlayStation3 before commencing with the patching process.
- Improved the layout, design, colour scheme and text of the start-up flow
- The start-up flow will now display a variety of information depending on how recently you last visited PlayStation Home.
Wardrobe and Furniture Browser
- When you are browsing through a category of items in the wardrobe or furniture browser we now display the name of the object you have highlighted.
- There is an option in the Menu Pad under “Options > Settings > Personal > Clothing / Furniture Names” to change this behaviour:
- Off: Switches the display of names off.
- Selected: Displays the name of the selected object only (default).
- All: Displays names for all objects.
- You can click [L3] to display more information about the highlighted object. This will pop up a menu showing: Name, Description, Image.
- Whether it is a purchase, reward or part of the default inventory.
- Date of acquisition (if relevant).
- In addition to the name changes the overall speed of the wardrobe and furniture browser has been significantly increased.
Added an option to manually clear the cache of data that Home creates on your HDD. This can sometimes resolve problems that you might be having. You can find it in the Menu Pad under “Options > Settings > Personal > Clear Cache”.
- There is an option to view “Help” from the carousel on the Menu Pad. This is only available to new users.
- There is an option to “Redecorate” on the carousel on the Menu Pad. This is only available when you are in your Personal Space or a Clubhouse that you own (i.e. somewhere that you can place furniture).
Loading Screen Tips
- Different loading screen tips are now shown depending on how many times you have visited PlayStationHome.
- Continued working to improve stability.
EGM’s TAKE: Home is a significant piece of the PlayStation Network puzzle and we’re glad to see Sony constantly improving the service.
What do you think of the update?
Please comment below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Invite Your Friends to Experience FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn with the New Recruit A Friend Campaign
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.