Niantic has pushed live a major update for Pokémon Go that adds new Pokemon, items, berries, and more.
The main attraction of this update is 80 new Pokémon from Pokémon Gold and Silver‘s Johto region, including gender-specific Pokémon. There’s also new encounter mechanics that will make Pokémon behave differently to normal when trying to catch them and two new berries to collect from PokéStops.
Finally, the update introduces new avatar outfits and items, and a new night-mode map with new encounter music.
The full patch notes are below:
- Over 80 additional Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region can be caught.
- Gender-specific variations of select Pokémon can be caught.
- Added new encounter mechanics.
- Added Poké Ball and Berry selection carousels to the encounter screen.
- Added two new Berries.
- Added new avatar outfit and accessory options.
- Added new night-mode map and encounter music.
- Added bonus Candies for catching Evolved Pokémon.
- Implemented Apple Watch connection stability improvement.
- Various bug fixes.
- Minor text fixes.
Pokémon Go is available now as a free download on iOS and Android.