PopCap’s Garden Warfare mixes things up drastically from their traditional Plants vs. Zombies formula. Using the frostbite engine, the all new third-person action game borrows a chapter from traditional online multiplayer, pitting players against one another across fixed maps. The kicker? You get to select plants, such as the pea shooter (above).
From the official press release, PvZ Garden Warfare will feature:
· Powerful new plants and zombies with a wide variety of abilities
· Choose your side, plants or zombies, in 24-player battle mode
· Join forces with friends in 4-player online cooperative mode
· Personalize your favorite plants and zombies with hundreds of unique items and customizations
· Features over 10 unique multiplayer and cooperative battlegrounds
We’ve seen posters plastered around the halls of E3 2013 teasing Garden Warfare, but it wasn’t until John Vechey, co-founder of PopCap games/studio director, took to the stage to introduce game and what it’s all about. Coming first to Xbox One, and then later to Xbox 360, Microsoft nabs yet one more exclusive.