Posted on April 3, 2012 AT 07:41am
THE BUZZ: EA has announced that anyone who pre-orders Funcom’s upcoming MMO, The Secret World, will be guaranteed access to the game’s beta.
Pre-orders will gain access to all beta weekends between May 11 and the game’s launch on June 19. Other bonuses include exclusive in-game items and early access. The bonus list:
- Guaranteed access to all Beta Weekends starting May 11, with the ability to carry over their characters to every subsequent event.
- Guaranteed Early Access to the game, up to four days prior to the game’s official launch.
- An exclusive in-game item providing an experience boost to progression.
- An exclusive in-game t-shirt featuring a unique monster design.
- A powerful pet (Ferocious Wolf, Egyptian Cat or Loyal Hound) to support the player in combat.
- A head start on character naming before the game launches.
EGM’s TAKE: The Secret World has an interesting concept, the game is set in a world where every single conspiracy theory is actually true. So you can image that the world is pretty messed up. If you’ve ever wondered what a world would be like where every crazy thing is actually real, then you should consider giving The Secret World a visit. I’m a big fan of MMOs, however I’m still a little worried about this being a little to over complicated considering that any class can take every skill in the game, and there’s around 500 of them. It may be a little overbearing to a newcomer. Like I’ve said previously, cookie cutter builds are available, but they won’t be as powerful as a custom created one, meaning to be more competitive you will have to dive into this overwhelming system.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.