Posted on December 16, 2012 AT 08:27am
Over at the PlayStation Blog, Skander Djerbi, executive producer of “half-Japanese, half-gaijin” PSN indie game Fuel Overdose, outlined a few of the game’s features (and revealed its specific European release date and vague US timeframe).
Fuel Overdose is a stylized combat racer in the same vein as Twisted Metal—customizable/upgradable weapons, vehicle-on-vehicle mayhem, and of course racing. Fuel Overdose aims to carve a name for itself with the following features, as described on the PlayStation Blog:
- A machine gun that can be fired at 360° when combined with the skidding and spinning features.
- A rocket launcher that uses a homing system that skilled drivers can avoid by suddenly changing trajectory at the very last moment.
- Mines – very useful when you find yourself leading the race and trying to keep distance from your rivals.
- The combo system: as in many fighting games, you can perform combos by chaining attacks. But what is unique to Fuel Overdose is that as soon as the combo ends, it is converted to a life bonus that fills your life gauge.
- A Berserk gauge, located in the top right corner of the screen, is divided into three sections and fills whenever you’re being hit by an enemy. I’ll explain in the two following sections how it works.
- Skill moves: these techniques can be triggered anytime as they don’t consume the Berserk gauge.
- Super attacks: they affect all the enemies in your immediate vicinity, but in order to trigger them you’ll need to consume one section of your Berserk gauge.
- Ultra attacks: they affect all enemies on the race track – you’ll need to have your Berserk gauge completely full to trigger them.
Gamers in Europe get their hands on Fuel Overdose this Friday, December 21. Stateside gamers, however, have to contend with the nebulous timeframe “soon”—though I can’t imagine it’ll be a long wait (famous last words).
Here’s the trailer and a handful screenshots:
Source: PlayStation Blog
Today's Top 10 Stories
Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Unveiled, Higher Polygon Counts, a Man's Best Friend, Player Customization, and More23 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.