Tencent Games and PUBG Corp. have kicked off PUBG Mobile‘s Resident Evil 2 crossover event that brings with it a new mode called “Zombie: Survive till Dawn.”
This new mode drops 60 players on Erangel in a 30-minute round that features three days and two nights of gameplay. Unlike a normal game of PUBG, players will have more than just players to contend with, as zombies and Lickers are roaming the island.
While these enemies are annoying in the day, things get even worse when the sun goes down, as zombies become more aggressive and legendary characters G (Stage 1) and Tyrant have a chance to spawn. Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Added Zombie: Survive Till Dawn, a new event mode that is here for a limited time only. Fight to survive as usual on Erangel, but zombies and bosses from Resident Evil 2 will also spawn on the map! Kill them to get resources and items.
- Added weather: Moonlight to Vikendi.
- Added player Spaces, where player information and Connections are displayed. Select a friend with Synergy 400 or above as Partner to stand by your side in your Space!
- Added Pandemic Treasure event. Get your Resident Evil 2 outfits now!
- Added Anniversary Treasure event. Celebrate the game’s anniversary with all kinds of rare finishes!
- Added Resident Evil 2 main menu theme and music.
- Anniversary items are on sale while quantities last!
- Added Anniversary emotes, avatars and frames.
- Sanhok is now available in Arcade – Quick Match.
- Character image and Connections are now visible on profile.
- Added new titles: “#1/100” (permanent) and “Survivor” (time-limited).
- Some houses in Vikendi have been redesigned.
- SMG and Assault Rifles War Modes now start with double the ammo.
- Past results are now kept up to 1 month. Older data will be cleared.
- Fixed terrain display bugs for budget devices.
As mentioned in the patch notes above, during the event, players will be able to earn Leon and Claire skin sets, as well as Ada and Marvin costumes.