PUBG Corp. is reopening testing for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds‘ third map, Sanhok (formally known as Codename: Savage), on PC.
The Sanhok test server will be open from May 10th at 7 p.m. PT until May 14th at 4 a.m. PT and features TPP and FPP servers in solo, duo, and squads.
Of course, a new test means some changes to the map. Kicking things off are the weapon balance changes made to live servers, an increase in the spawn chance of assault rifles, a change to the red zone rules that prevent them from spawning in the safe zone, and the ability to throw apples while in the starting area.
As well as the above, four new areas have been added to the map (Cave, Tambag, Lakawi, and Na Kham) and improvements have been made to a number of areas.
Finally, several bugs have been squashed in this update, including blood effects not appearing, FPS drops, and invisible objects. Read the patch notes below:
- We’ve applied the same weapon balance and item spawn changes from the current PUBG live servers.
- We’ve adjusted item spawn balance for Sanhok specifically:
- Increased the overall item spawn amount
- Adjusted the AR spawn balance in the world
- Increased total amount of AR
- Slightly decreased spawn ratio for M416, but the total amount spawned will remain similar to before
- Increased spawn ratio for M16A4, AKM
- Before boarding the plane, you can now throw apples (found in your inventory)
- Changed Redzone rules
- Generally, redzones will no longer appear inside the safe zone (white circle). There are some exceptions when the blue circle is too close to the white circle.
- With this change, it becomes a bit more risky to play outside of the safe zone.
- Added extra design variants for the Aquarail
- Added spawn points for Aquarails and Motorbikes near the cave area
- Blood effects should now appear as intended
- Certain FPS drop issues and sound issues have been resolved
- Fixed an issue causing the “aim punch” effect to be too noticeable.
- Certain invisible objects in buildings have been removed
- The minimap now shows areas 200 meters away (instead of 100m)
Known Issues (Investigating)
- Sometimes in FPP, if the player was vaulting at the time when the game starts, the player doesn’t get on board in the plane and instead flies straight to the final destination of the plane. (Yes, still)
- When using the Death Cam, sometimes players disappear or weapons become invisible.
- Sometimes in spectate mode or Death Cam, scopes are visible, but scope mesh isn’t.
- Sometimes other players appear as zombies.
- Sometimes the bluezone indicator on the minimap gets temporarily out of sync.