A lot of great information comes out via the back and forth nature of Twitter, but unfortunately, quite often a decent chunk of that information can be totally missed.
So (with thanks to NeoGAF poster Xux), here’s a rundown of some of the information Robert Bowling from Infinity Ward has given out in the last few days concerning Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
* When asked if there will be knife changes: “There are. Reduced lunge and removed Commando.”
* When asked what resetting all stats does: “Takes you back to rank 1 so you can do everything all over again. It was a major request by our max rank max prestige’s.”
* When asked how long it’ll take to reach MW3’s level cap of 80: “The curve is different and less of a grind at the end than it was in MW2”
* When asked if there are disadvantages to using a grenade launcher: “Yes, it’s fairly weak and doesn’t get much ammo. Not useful as a main weapon.”
* When asked who gets the kill if you take a teammate’s tag in kill confirmed: “Whoever put the enemy down gets the kill and both players get the XP for the tags.”
* When asked if there will be a “report cheaters/boosters” function in MW3, and if players will be banned for them: “yes and yes. We have an in-game report player function and will be moderating those reports to ban players.”
* When asked about putting in “crazy” challenges (such as getting a nuke using C4 and a riot shield): “We’re introducing new challenges all the time in the game now, with daily and weekly challenges. So the possibility is there!”