Halo 5: Guardians players can now jump into the Rock ‘n’ Rail social rotational playlist.
The game mode is inspired by Halo 4’s beloved Rock ‘n’ Rail mode and arms players with rockets and railguns.
“While this new iteration of Rock ‘n’ Rail is inspired by Halo 4’s beloved Rock ‘n’ Rail mode, it’s been specifically tailored to better fit the Halo 5 sandbox. Instead of basing gameplay around the use of jetpacks, we’ve altered the gravity, stabilizer time, and jump height settings to bring combat off the ground and into the air,” multiplayer designer Sara Stern explains.
“Halo 5’s Spartan Abilities allow for increased mobility when airborne, which made hitting shots with standard rockets and railguns a bit more difficult than desired. The SPNKr Prime and Whiplash can both snipe mid-air targets, and the Whiplash grants you a second round in case you miss your first shot. Equipping the SPNKr Prime grants you damage resistance, speed boost, and a further increase to your jump height.”
As well as this new playlist, developer 343 Industries has kicked off a new multiplayer season. This new season will run until June and introduces the following changes:
- Soft Forfeit
- It will be “safe” to leave if someone has already left the match (from either team)
- No need to stay on to prevent a ban or extra point loss
- No ban if someone has already left
- No extra CSR loss penalty if someone has already left
- You still lose the same amount of CSR as a normal loss
- Leavers always lose CSR, regardless of how their team does after, so it’s better to stay if you’re on the winning / advantaged team until the other team leaves.
- Reduced early-season wait times for higher-skilled players
- High-skilled players sometimes get MMRs that are higher than is needed
- These will now be truncated to a reasonable value at the beginning of the season
- They are still high enough to prevent very uneven matches, but low enough to allow more timely matchmaking
- Even Stricter CSR boundaries: Onyx population reduced again
- The previously fixed inflation bug had inflated this despite the changes
- We should see even stricter boundaries in the new season
Halo 5: Guardians is available now on Xbox One.
Source: Halo Waypoint