Posted on September 24, 2011 AT 09:07am
THE BUZZ: Until now it has been assumed that the recently announced Final Fantasy X HD for PlayStation 3 and Vita would be a simple HD remaster, however this may not be the case.
According to PSTime, Final Fantasy X will not be a port, but a full remake of the game using the Final Fantasy XIII Crystal Tools Engine. Here are some details of what will be changed:
- All that is made from scratch with the new engine is the design of the characters, the aeons and stage elements.
- The sets and scenes in HD remasters CGI will implement a “filter” FFXIII Engine.
- The magic and some lighting effects are achieved with the new engine “Luminous”.
- Blitzball will undergo small changes.
- Online options will be included.
- The release date in Japan will be fiscal year 2012.
EGM’s TAKE: It is unknown just how much truth is behind these details, but if they do turn out to be real then Final Fantasy fans are in for a real treat.
Would you like to see a Final Fantasy X remake using the FFXIII engine?
Please comment below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.