The technical specifications of Microsoft’s next generation Kinect device have appeared online.
According to VGLeaks, the device will come bundled with every next generation Xbox console–same as previous rumors. The new device is said to reduce latency by a third and vastly improve skeletal recognition compared to the original Kinect. As well as this, the new device will be able to track up to six players at once. A full list of features can be found below:
- Improved field of view results in much larger play space.
- RGB stream is higher quality and higher resolution.
- Depth stream is much higher resolution and able to resolve much smaller objects.
- Higher depth stream accuracy enables separating objects in close depth proximity.
- Higher depth stream accuracy captures depth curvature around edges better.
- Active infrared (IR) stream permits lighting independent processing and feature recognition.
- End to end pipeline latency is improved by 33 ms.