Posted on January 24, 2012 AT 07:05am
Paul Gale Network is reporting that Rocksteady’s next title will involve the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and will be called, “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis.” All four turtles will be playable according to the site and each will have a unique weapon and moveset. Other details include:
- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.
- Multiplayer is unknown.
- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.
- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the Turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April O’Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.
- Purportedly in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.
- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as Rocksteady did with its two Batman games.
- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, “The Manhattan Project,” but is very much its own title.
EGM’s TAKE: Let’s stress right from the off that this is purely just a rumor, so prepare to risk heart disease with how much salt you’re going to take. The main reason for posting this is the pure excitement at the thought of it being remotely true. Imagine what Rocksteady could do with this franchise, we may even get a Turtles game worth playing for once. It would be hard for the team to immediately create a new Batman title, considering how much ground they have covered with the previous two, so a new franchise would make development easier. Also, Warner Bros. who own the studio also own the rites to TMNT. Everyone who reads this and has watched the turtles would love this to be true, but for now it’s nothing more than rumor and speculation sadly.
Would you like to see Rocksteady make a TMNT game? Leave your thoughts below.
Source: Paul Gale Network
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.