In a recent backer update, Ys Net revealed the minimum system requirements for the upcoming PC version of Shenmue III.
To get the game to run, PC owners are going to need a 64-bit operating system, an Intel i5-4460 or better, 4 GB of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better graphics card. The most surprising piece of the requirements is the need for a minimum of 100 GB of hard drive space. This is an awfully big requirement and puts the game on par with Final Fantasy XV when using the 4K assets pack.
Take a look at the full requirements below:
- OS: Windows 7×64, Windows 8×64, Windows 10×64 (64-bit OS Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate
Earlier this month, the developer announced that it was delaying the release of Shenmue III again. The game was originally scheduled to release by the end of this year, but has been pushed back to 2019 to “polish the quality of the game even further.”
Shenmue III is in development for PlayStation 4 and PC.