Posted on November 22, 2012 AT 08:54am
Valve has confirmed that the sorely missed silencer attachment for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will be making a return once certain balance issues have been ironed out.
Candred reports that Valve took to the show floor at the E-Sports World Cup 2012 to discuss certain issues with the game. “[Valve] talked to us for about forty-five minutes about the changes that were coming in the game and were very keen to address the silencer issue,” one team said. “One of my team-mates had already said to them that the silencer had to be brought back and I think that’s why they talked about it so much. They kept saying that it was a low priority compared to other things but it would definitely be making a return.”
A member of another team had an idea as to why the silencer was removed in the first place, “The guys we spoke to kept telling us that they felt CT was really overpowered right now on most maps, which wasn’t what we felt at all. They said that was the main reason for dropping the silencer because it gave the CTs yet another advantage and they felt it was one too many.”
“They know how the community feels about it but they said it was a balancing issue. Even then they reassured us that it would be back, just as soon as they could figure out how to fit it in without it unbalancing the game further.”
Do you feel the silencer should have stayed? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.