Posted on May 10, 2013 AT 03:37am
EA has released patch 3.0 for SimCity in a hope of finally eradicating several traffic bugs which have plagued the game since launch and also in an attempt to fix a number of bugs that were caused by patch 2.0.
The update adds 24 new hotel models to add greater variety for tourist-based cities, makes improvements to the game’s traffic system, and adjusts how public transport and transit works. You can check out the full patch notes below:
- New: Added 24 new hotel models to increase hotel variety.
- Traffic: Updated routing system to improve traffic. Routing system now understands more information about u-turns, required vehicle stops, and vehicle behavior on certain road types. This should make traffic smarter.
- Traffic: Commercial and industrial buildings stagger their work shifts to start throughout commute hours instead of at the top of the hour. This should reduce traffic.
- Traffic: Fixes one issue where a car won’t move causing traffic to back up behind it.
- Traffic: Vehicles can now make right turns on Red. This should improve some cases of traffic.
- Traffic: Trading polish that will improve regional traffic when one city has a lot of jobs and its neighboring city has a lot of workers.
- Air Pollution: Fixed more issues where cities that placed air polluting buildings received large amounts of air pollution from unknown sources.
- Service Vehicles: Fix for disappearing service vehicles on cities that whose vehicles had disappeared before update 2.
- School Buses: Fix for issue where school buses were getting stuck at neighbor’s city or arcology.
- Audio: Tuned audio on French Police Station.
- Trading: Fixed issue where fire services were not trading consistently between Brakeman’s Folly and Twain in Whitewater Valley.
- Trading: Sewage trading: Sewage will now take a more direct route to regional sewage plant instead of throughout the city.
- Trading: Made gifting more reliable.
- Ferry Terminal: Ferry Terminal can now send its sewage to the output pipe and treatment plant.
- RCI Tuning: Fixed issue where sims going to a park via transit would sometimes lose their money or happiness on the way home.
- RCI Tuning: Bulldozing abandoned or rubble buildings will now prevent new developments for 6-12 hours.
- RCI Tuning: Less Happiness is taken from wealth 2 and 3 buildings when rent is due when no money is present.
- RCI Tuning: Fix for issue some users experienced where buildings would stay abandoned because moving trucks would not be able to move in.
- Trees: Trees now last longer, but also do not eliminate as much ground pollution.
- Radiation: Radiation causes less ground pollution than previously.
- Transit: Changed thought bubble suggestion to add more trains to deal with crowded passenger trains to suggest that you add more train stations.
- Transit: Improvements to lights to make rail look better at night.
- Transit: Streetcar stops can now be placed directly on standalone streetcar tracks, and passengers can walk along the tracks to them.
- Transit: Tuned the chance buses or streetcars will go to high-traffic stops first as a minor traffic improvement.
- Roads: University pedestrian paths can now cross streets.
- Manufacturing Trucks: Fixed issue some users experienced where manufacturing trucks left the city and were lost permanently.
- Delivery Trucks: Fixed issue where some users would experience a loss of resources is their delivery trucks returned to garages without proper storage.
- Sports Parks: Tuned the amount of skateboarders and neighborhood athletes at the sports parks.
- Data Layers: Zones are now visible in heavy data layers.
- Edit Mode: Added more valid snap points in edit mode. This improvement is most noticeable on Parks.
- Buildings: Addressed some cases where buildings would stack on one another.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.