Posted on February 21, 2012 AT 06:32am
To opt-in, log into your Steam account, click Steam in the upper corner, select settings and under the account tab go to Beta participation. Click change and a drop down menu will appear, select Skyrim beta and steam will restart, once it does the update will begin downloading.
The update includes:
- Fixed issue with downloading mods when you are subscribed to more than 50 mods
- Fixed crash when loading a subscribed mod that has been removed from Workshop by the author
- Mod load order functionality
Bug Fixes (PC only):
- Fixed occasional crashes when loading a save that relies on plugins/master files that no longer exist
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive while charging an enchanted weapon
- Fixed issue where controls would occasionally become unresponsive while switching from third to first person while using the Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive if activating a crafting station with autorun active
- Fixed issue where keyboard would fail if Rename Item was selected before choosing the number of charges, while using Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed several issues with remapping buttons while using an Xbox 360 controller
- Fixed issue where pressing Escape button after fast traveling but before the loading would cause certain menus to stop working properly
EGM’s TAKE: This appears to be a PC only update so don’t expect this patch to make it to consoles. The two crash issues related to mods will be a welcome fix to players, especially those who have a lot installed, and let’s face it, with the number of fantastic mods this is a large group. The rest of the fixes appear to be small, niggling issues that shouldn’t have a major impact on your gameplay unless you belong to the small group of players these issues have inconvenienced.
What other fixes would you like to see? Let us know in the comments below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.