Titanfall 2 will see an update any moment now, complete with both bug fixes and rebalancing.
The update’s patch notes were posted to the game’s official forums, detailing a modest quantity of changes coming to the experience. Apart from the general bug fixes and user experience improvements, a handful of weapons are receiving damage buffs, including the Flatline, R-97, Spitfire, and more. Some other pilot tools are seeing a downgrade, however, such as the Volt submachine gun and the Pilot Sentry Boost.
The blog post also includes a list of “known issues” that the development team is actively addressing. Players are reminded that the next free DLC pack is on the way and it will include a larger patch that will address some of the known issues.
The full patch notes for the update can be found below:
- New logging to report player connection quality to help us track down reports of laggy games and disconnects.
- Drastically reduced requirements for Match Loss Protection – Increased chance of not receiving a match loss for joining a game late that we do not expect you to win. When joining matches late if the game has progressed far enough you will see a message notifying you that you will not receive a loss.
- Increased direct Pilot hit damage for Gravity Star.
- Increased damage on the Flatline, R-97, Spitfire, L-Star, Double Take, EPG, and Thunderbolt.
- Decreased damage on the Volt.
- Regen no longer resets Pilot loadout names.
- Assists count as Weapon XP again.
- Nerfed Pilot Sentry.
- Firestar will no longer display “Thermite Attached” if detonated on friendly Titans.
- Fixed Ion Vortex Shield drain being framerate dependent.
- Fixed bad AI navigation on Complex.
- Fixed collision on Crashsite to prevent players from going into walls.
- Fixed Legion Overcore not being available after using Smart Core.
- Fixed “Fairfight category is incompatible”.
- Fixed various stability issues.
Source: Titanfall 2 forums