Sony has confirmed that all titles made available to pre-order on the PlayStation Store after May 20, 2014 will be available to pre-load before launch, and has also shared a full list of compatible titles.
“Automatic pre-load on PS4 allows you to download pre-ordered games before the release date, so you can get into your games after they’re released faster than ever,” Chieh Chen, Digital Distribution Manager at Sony Network Entertainment wrote on the PlayStation Blog. “We all know that some of the biggest games can take a while to download, and with the pre-load functionality, you’ll be able to download and install those huge files up to several days in advance. And don’t worry if you forget: any titles you’ve pre-ordered will be automatically pre-loaded and auto-downloaded to your PS4 system by default. All you have to do is pre-order the game, make sure your PS4 remains in standby mode, and sit back and relax.
“Also, if you’re the type that likes to know exactly how long until you can play,” he added, “we’ve even included a countdown timer to let you know the moment you can start playing!”
The first title that will take advantage of the pre-load feature will be Transformer: Rise of the Dark Spark, which will launch next week on June 24.
A list of future compatible releases can be found below:
- Battlefield Hardline – $59.99
- Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition – $69.99
- Bloodborne – $59.99
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – $59.99
- Destiny – $59.99
- Dragon Age: Inquisition – $59.99
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition – $69.99
- Far Cry 4 – $59.99
- inFAMOUS First Light – $14.99
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare – $39.99
- LittleBigPlanet 3 – $59.99
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor – $59.99
- The Order: 1886 – $59.99
- Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark – $59.99
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – $59.99