THE BUZZ: Sony will be bringing brand new exclusive games to the PlayStation network, as part of the “Only on PlayStation Network” campaign.
Starting tomorrow, October 4th, new exclusive games will be released every week during October including Eufloria, Okabu and inFamous 2: Festival of Blood. PlayStation Plus subscribers will get 20% off all titles in the campaign. The lineup is:
- Eufloria – Developed by Omni Systems, Eufloria is an addictive ambient game of space exploration and conquest, plant growth and bio mechanical evolution. Explore a beautifully realized universe rendered in a style that is unique and compelling. Conquer asteroids in deep space and use their resources to literally grow and nurture semi-organic plants and creatures to do your bidding.
- Rochard™ – Developed by Recoil Games and published by Sony Online Entertainment LLC, Rochard is a unique gravity-defying, side-scrolling, puzzle-platforming, astro-mining action adventure game. Featuring a resourceful hero, ominous villains, rugged machinery, big explosions, even bigger stunts and sharp one-liners, Rochard tests players’ coordination and wits as they use gravity to their advantage, changing it at will to solve environmental puzzles and advance through each level.
- Sideway: New York™ – Developed by Playbrains Inc. and published by Sony Online Entertainment LLC, Sideway: New York is a 2D adventure platformer set in a 3D world. Sideway offers players the chance to leave their mark on the city as they help rescue friends and defeat Spray, a sinister tagger who wants to dominate both Sideway and the real world in this unique side-scroller.
- Sodium Collection – This PlayStation Home value pack includes the SodiumOne Pilot’s Jacket, which unlocks the full 50-level tank combat Salt Shooter game, and weapon upgrades for your SodiumOne tank. Also included is a variety of upgrades for Sodium 2: Project Velocity, a high-speed, free-to-play, futuristic multiplayer racing game exclusive to PlayStation Home, and the wildly-popular Blaster’s Paradise personal space, which hosts a tabletop version of Salt Shooter. Buy from the PlayStation Store and play in PlayStation Home.
- Okabu – Developed by Hand Circus, Okabu is an action-puzzler, where players will guide Kumulo, Nimbe and four cloud-flying heroes as they battle to save their people and their world from the industrialized threat of the Doza. Dive into a hyper-tactile toybox world filled with a huge number of puzzles, playthings, adorable creatures and devious machines spread across an epic co-op campaign.
- RocketBirds – Developed by Ratloop Asia, RocketBirds offers players the chance to annihilate an evil penguin regime in this cinematic platform adventure game offering full solo and co-op campaigns with stereoscopic 3D support. Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and illuminate the secrets to his past while uncovering the real enemies of Albatropolis.
- inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood – Developed by Sucker Punch, inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe as vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul and city, he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood features hours of new gameplay, PlayStation®Move compatibility, themed environment settings and new characters/enemies.
- PixelJunk Sidescroller – Developed by Q-Games, the popular PixelJunk series goes old-school with a completely retro side-scrolling shooter that reinvents the genre from the ground up while maintaining that nostalgic feeling. Dodge flurries of alien bullets and strategically upgrade weapons while battling through sweeping stages full of hazardous fluid and endless shooting mayhem.
As well as these exclusive games the program will also feature the launch of several rare classics on October 4th including, God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.
EGM’s TAKE: Sony are really pushing their exclusive content and the 20% PS Plus discount is a pretty good bonus to, but the best part has to be the rare classic titles that will be released October 4th.
Do you like what the program has to offer? Leave your thoughts below.