In tandem with the release of Game Informer‘s Spider-Man cover story, developer Insomniac Games has revealed when the action game will be launching, and what special editions will be available when it does.
According to a post on the PlayStation Blog, Spider-Man will swing onto the PS4 on September 7th, 2018. The release date announcement also included a first look at the game’s box art, which can be see below.
Complementing the game’s general release will be two special editions; a Digital Deluxe Edition and a Collector’s Edition. The bonus content offered in each edition is listed below.
Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
- All three DLC chapters from The City That Never Sleeps expansion series
- A collectible pin (pre-order bonus)
- Three new Spidey suits (pre-order bonus)
- A unique PS4 avatar and theme (pre-order bonus)
- Five extra skill points (pre-order bonus)
Collector’s Edition ($149.99)
- All digital content from the Digital Deluxe Edition
- Steelbook case
- Mini Artbook
- Spider-Man Statue (part of statue not yet revealed, will be later in summer 2018)
The game’s pre-order content can be acquired regardless of which edition you pre-order. One of the bonus skins is shown off in the game’s new pre-order trailer, with reveals for the others coming soon.
Spider-Man‘s PS4-exclusive release date reveal coincides with a major Spidey-themed Game Informer cover story that drops today, April 4th. More new details on the game are inbound, so stay tuned.
Source: PlayStation Blog