Posted on March 31, 2014 AT 06:16pm
According to an update on Patrick Redding’s LinkedIn profile, the former Splinter Cell: Blacklist game director has left Ubisoft Toronto to helm a new title for Warner Bros. Games Montreal.
As first spotted by Superannuation, Redding’s work history says now he departed Ubisoft earlier this month and took a creative director post at Warner Bros. for a currently unannounced game. At the time of his departure, Redding was apparently creative director of an unannounced Ubisoft Toronto game—one of five titles currently under wraps at the studio, according to comments made by Jade Raymond earlier this month at SXSW. Given his recent history at the company, it’s likely the project in question was the next installment of the Splinter Cell franchise.
As for his new project with Warner Bros., the most probably culprit seems to be the heavily rumored Batman: Arkham spin-off featuring DC Comics’ Suicide Squad, teased at the end of Arkham Origins.
While at Ubisoft, Redding had also served as game director of Splinter Cell: Conviction‘s co-op mode and narrative director on Far Cry 2 and Far Cry: Evolution. All told, he’d been with the company for just shy of a decade.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.