X
X


 

Square Enix has confirmed that it is has lifted a ban on users monetizing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn videos on YouTube.

The publisher had previously sought out any monetized YouTube videos of the game and requested they be taken down. However, director and producer Naoki Yoshida announced during PAX Prime that players are now able to upload their footage with no consequences.

“We want players out telling the world how great our game is,” he told Destructoid. Final Fantasy XIV officially re-launched on August 27 for PlayStation 3 and PC.

0   POINTS
0   POINTS


About Matthew Bennett

view all posts

Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream. Find him on Twitter @mattyjb89

Square Enix Lifts Final Fantasy XIV Fan-made YouTube Video Ban

By Matthew Bennett | 09/2/2013 05:26 AM PT

News

Square Enix has confirmed that it is has lifted a ban on users monetizing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn videos on YouTube.

The publisher had previously sought out any monetized YouTube videos of the game and requested they be taken down. However, director and producer Naoki Yoshida announced during PAX Prime that players are now able to upload their footage with no consequences.

“We want players out telling the world how great our game is,” he told Destructoid. Final Fantasy XIV officially re-launched on August 27 for PlayStation 3 and PC.

0   POINTS
0   POINTS



About Matthew Bennett

view all posts

Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream. Find him on Twitter @mattyjb89