Posted on June 4, 2014 AT 02:21am
Following a slight delay last week, Star Citizen‘s Arena Commander module is now available for all backers to download, and to celebrate developer Cloud Imperium Games has released a new trailer.
“We are very happy to finally share with you the first public build of Arena Commander,” creator Chris Roberts wrote. “The build we are releasing today is what we’re calling Version 0.8. You can download it by either updating your existing Hangar through the launcher or by accessing the Star Citizen Download page.
“V0.8 will give every qualified backer access to the Vanduul Swarm and Freeflight modes and includes the ability to fly the Aurora, 300i and Hornet. If you haven’t pledged for one of these ships, we’ll give you a loaner that is the closest in class to what you fly; we want everyone with Alpha access (or an Arena Commander pass) to get their first taste of spaceflight!”
Version 0.8 of Arena Commander also includes multiplayer with Battle Royale and Team modes. However, these modes are only available to a small number of selected testers, with Roberts promising that more and more people will get invited to try them out as issues are sorted and more servers are launched.
Roberts also shared the developer’s plans for version 0.9, which will include the following:
- Improved client and multiplayer server stability
- General performance optimizations and fixes for hardware specific issues discovered during community testing
- Audio improvements with additional SFX, music, mix, and improvements to the dynamic music system
- Improvements to the HUD to better differentiate the manufacturers, improve ITTS, and add mouse control functionality
- Additional character animations to add immersion to the cockpit and resolve outstanding animation issues
- Further flight model upgrades to better handle unique thruster power combinations and refine the control of each ship
- Additional ship, weapon, item, and thruster tuning to improve the balance of Arena Commander based on community testing
- New multiplayer game mode for public testing along with AI improvements and updates to Vanduul Swarm.
- Hangar bug fixing along with enhanced visuals and animations.
- Cockpit polish with improved damage effects and more dynamic lighting that responds to gameplay events and ship status.
- Some additional weapons and items for use with Arena Commander.
- Update player breathing sound effects and responses to incoming impulses and g-forces
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.