A purported leak of next month’s Star Wars Battlefront II beta may reveal what fans can expect from the upcoming test, including a new map and returning mode.
Reddit user Some_Info has listed a handful of supposed details about the upcoming beta. Apart from some basic information like general file size and available platforms, the post teases that a Strike mission will be part of October’s beta, playable on the map Takodana. It also claims that Skirmish is making a return, renamed Arcade (“or something like that”), which will be playable in solo, two-player cooperative, or two-player split-screen.
Here are the full details from the alleged leak, as posted on Reddit:
- Maps: Galactic Assault on Theed (40 players), Space Battles on Fondor (24 players), Strike on Takodana plus. 1.1 Your beloved Skirmish that will be called Arcade or something like that. Will containSolo, Split and CO-OP – up to two players.
- Heroes: Same ones from EA Play
- Platforms: PC, Xbox 1, PS4
- LAAT – should be the surprise vehicle you may see (it will go round and round like the U-Wing from Scariff)
- Size: 14-16 GB
- 5-9 emotes for soldiers (not sure if heroes will have emotes in beta)
- You will earn credit and collect cards for the troopers but the credit will be lost at the end of the beta.
- Graphic – a little improvement over E3.
Fans should remember that these details are not yet confirmed, but VG 24/7 claims Some_Info to be a reliable source. The user reportedly posted screenshots of the game’s closed alpha prior to its announcement, and also leaked early details of the game’s E3 2017 showing that proved accurate.
Fans already knew that space battles—first shown off during publisher EA’s recent Gamecom 2017 presentation—would be part of the beta. Debut gameplay for the mode, which is called Starfighter Assault, took place on the map Fondor: Imperial Shipyard, the same map that will be used in the beta.
Those that pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront II will get to enjoy the beta on October 4th, while all other players can jump in on October 6th. The beta concludes for all players on the 9th.
Star Wars Battlefront II is slated to launch November 17th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. For all we know about Battlefront II, check out EGM’s complete guide to Star Wars Battlefront II.
Source: Reddit r/StarWarsBattlefront