Bruce Maclean, Senior Producer at BioWare Austin, has shared a few details about Star Wars: The Old Republic‘s next two content patches, 2.2 and 2.3.
First up is 2.2, due to release June 11, which adds Nightmare Mode for the Terror from Beyond Operation, a new appearance system for armor and weapons called “Scrolling UVs,” guild bonuses, craftable Underworld gear, and a unified chat channel for all fleet instances.
- Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
- New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
- Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
- Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.
On top of this Nightmare Mode for the Scum and Villainy Operation will go live on July 9 with update 2.2.2. On July 23 the Relics of the Gree event will make a return for two weeks and this time it will be scaled up to level 55. The developer also revealed that double XP weekends will return this summer. Starting June 22 for three weekends players will be able to earn double XP–triple with various buffs.
After that on August 6 update 2.3 will go live, which BioWare claims is the biggest patch since 2.0, it includes:
- New Flashpoints
- New Daily Area
- New Recurring Event
- Significant graphical upgrades
Finally the developer teased that patch 2.4 will be PvP focused, but failed to offer any details.