THE BUZZ: Capcom is currently working on a patch that will fix the infinite combo glitch that has been plaguing the game’s online mode.
The update will be made available mid-May and brings the following fixes:
- Kazuya: Restand glitch infinite combo has been removed.
- Kuro: cr.MP infinite has been removed.
- Xiaoyu: QCB MP infinite has been removed.
- Pacman: Hit back on LP and LK has been changed so infinite has been removed.
- Jin: Chop Kick Glitch on mid air opponents has been fixed.
- When first hit of Kazama Style 6 Hit Combo is a counter hit, Jin is at +2F now.
- Ogre: Damage properties of cr.HP have been changed so follow ups are now not possible.
- Juri: Senpusha’s frames on block have been changed.
- Shikusen causes opponents to be pushed back less far when blocked.
- Rufus: Falcon Kick (dive kick) properties have been changed
- Hurt box added to his feet and the move no longer crosses up easily.
- Frames on block have been modified to -4F
- Zangief: Last hit of Quick Double Lariat (3rd hit) will no longer hit crouching opponents.
- M.Bison: 5th hit of his Super Art (Knee Press Nightmare) can now be blocked normally.
- Jump/lever input bug: Addresed issue where diagonal inputs/jumps did not come out properly.
- Throw/Character: Change glitch Fixed a bug for certain characters that allowed for them to get thrown when initiating a character switch.
- Quick Combo: Priority of command inputs has been changed so glitches that came from activating quick combos in the air have been removed.
EGM’s TAKE: Fans will be pleased to see a number of glitches and exploits being fixed with this patch. The online mode has become a breeding ground for exploiters who are picking up cheap wins. This seriously damages the game’s reputation, especially when the online component is what keeps players interested. Nobody likes playing with cheaters, so the quicker Capcom stamps these glitches out the better.
Has anyone used these exploits against you? Let us know in the comments below.