Do you want classic Suikoden titles back in your life? Try joining up with the “Suikoden Revival Movement”—a surging Facebook group that wants Konami to bring back some classic PlayStation 1 titles.
Suikoden and Suikoden II haven’t been released outside of the original PlayStation, Windows, and a limited run on Japanese mobile phones, making it near-inaccesible anywhere else.
According to Destructoid, the main goal of the Suikoden Revival Movement is simple—get the original two games available worldwide on the PlayStation Network, and do it with the following simple steps for the developer/publishers.
Here’s the breakdown from the fan group, which actually seems reasonable:
- Release Suikoden and Suikoden II on PSN
- Follow up with Suikoden III-V on PSN
- Advertise the return of the Suikoden series
- Localize the Suikoden mangas
- Issue official Suikoden merchandise worldwide (or online)
- Launch an official English Suikoden Facebook page
That’s a pretty tall order, but the Facebook group seems well-organized and has been plugging their mission since earlier this summer. But how many members will it take to convince Konami to give this a shot?