X

REGISTER TO CUSTOMIZE
YOUR NEWS AND GET ALERTS
ON your favorite games

Click the box below to confirm you are over 13, not a robot, and agree to our Privacy Policy & Terms and Conditions
No thanks, take me to EGMNOW
X
Customize your news
for instant alerts on
your favorite games
Register below
(it only takes seconds)
Click the box below to confirm you are over 13, not a robot, and agree to our Privacy Policy & Terms and Conditions


X
X


 

Unsurprisingly, Grand Theft Auto V has dominated the UK all formats chart this week, selling 2.4 times more than Grand Theft Auto IV managed in its opening week.

After just five days on sale the game is currently the 24th biggest-selling game of all-time in the UK–the 11th biggest on Xbox 360 and the 10th biggest on PlayStation 3. Xbox 360 accounted for 57 percent of sales, with the PlayStation 3 picking up the other 43 percent.

“Sales from the remaining nine titles in the Top 10 only represented 4 per cent, making it hard to imagine a week where one title has been so dominant or perhaps ever will,” sales tracker Chart-Track said.

  1. Grand Theft Auto V (360/PS3)
  2. PES 2014: Pro Evolution Soccer (360/PS3/PC)
  3. The Last Of Us (PS3)
  4. Saints Row IV (360/PS3/PC)
  5. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (360/PS3/Wii U/PC)
  6. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (360)
  7. Diablo III (360/PS3/PC)
  8. Disney Infinity (Wii/360/PS3/Wii U/PC/3DS)
  9. Aliens: Colonial Marines (360/PS3/PC)
  10. Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX (PS3)

0   POINTS
0   POINTS


About Matthew Bennett

view all posts

Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream. Find him on Twitter @mattyjb89

Surprise, Grand Theft Auto V Destroys the Competition in UK Chart

By Matthew Bennett | 09/23/2013 04:20 AM PT

News

Unsurprisingly, Grand Theft Auto V has dominated the UK all formats chart this week, selling 2.4 times more than Grand Theft Auto IV managed in its opening week.

After just five days on sale the game is currently the 24th biggest-selling game of all-time in the UK–the 11th biggest on Xbox 360 and the 10th biggest on PlayStation 3. Xbox 360 accounted for 57 percent of sales, with the PlayStation 3 picking up the other 43 percent.

“Sales from the remaining nine titles in the Top 10 only represented 4 per cent, making it hard to imagine a week where one title has been so dominant or perhaps ever will,” sales tracker Chart-Track said.

  1. Grand Theft Auto V (360/PS3)
  2. PES 2014: Pro Evolution Soccer (360/PS3/PC)
  3. The Last Of Us (PS3)
  4. Saints Row IV (360/PS3/PC)
  5. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (360/PS3/Wii U/PC)
  6. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (360)
  7. Diablo III (360/PS3/PC)
  8. Disney Infinity (Wii/360/PS3/Wii U/PC/3DS)
  9. Aliens: Colonial Marines (360/PS3/PC)
  10. Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX (PS3)
0   POINTS
0   POINTS



About Matthew Bennett

view all posts

Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream. Find him on Twitter @mattyjb89