Bethesda’s The Evil Within 2 is launching on October 13th, but fans looking forward to the next chapter of Sebastian’s story can already start studying the list of challenges awaiting them.
Thanks to a leak of the trophy list (via PowerPyx), the entire log of in-game tasks show off how much work it will take to earn them all. With a total of 52 trophies to acquire, players of the survival horror sequel seem to have a lot of work to do for that Platinum glory. While completing Classic Mode for the Gold trophy might look simple, former series director Shinji Mikami has expressed how difficult the mode will be for seasoned pros.
The Bronze offerings will most likely be awarded for doing standard story missions and side quests, like item crafting and boss defeats. The handful of Silver trophies are more cryptic, as the descriptions of how to earn them all seem to revolve around story moments. However, with the “Against All Odds” trophy requiring players to beat the game on Nightmare Mode or higher, these seemingly basic story trophies could be tied to completing the harder difficulties.
The entire list of trophies can be seen below. As always the corresponding list of achievements will no doubt be identical, minus the platinum.
- Learn to Survive – Survived the nightmare, and everything in between.
- You Asked for It… Again – Completed the game in Classic Mode.
- Against All Odds – Completed the game on Nightmare difficulty or higher.
- Premature Finale – Shut down a bloody performance.
- Overcome the Past – Your trauma is no more.
- Unfortunate Consequence – Did what needed to be done to save your daughter.
- Skyes Out – Completed the “The Last Step” side mission.
- Finally Free – Experienced every traumatic encounter and made peace with your inner demons.
- Stick it in My Veins – Completely upgraded all abilities.
- They Never Even Stood a Chance – Completely upgraded all weapons.
- Echoes with STEM – Observed all Residual Memories.
- Diligent Reader – Collect all files.
- Locksmith – Opened all lockers.
- Powerhouse – Acquired all standard weapons.
- All in the Family – Collected all of the Mysterious Objects.
- I’ll Take You Down Myself – Brought your own equipment to the barbecue this time (Ch. 14)
- Rookie – Completed the game on Casual difficulty or higher.
- Survivor – Completed the game on Survival difficulty or higher.
- Welcome to Union – Took the plunge back into STEM.
- Taken – Saw a chilling vision.
- Not Running This Time – Defeated the Guardian outside City Hall.
- The Team Psychologist – Found a potential ally in the Marrow.
- Another Ally – Survived an ordeal with the help of a new friend.
- Crossing to the Other Side – Provided a Harbinger sweet release.
- Spiritual Awakening – Came to terms with your past and present.
- Fire Walk With Me – Made it inside the enemy’s stronghold.
- Everything Comes Crumbling Down – Reached the very end of the world.
- Backup Ain’t Coming – Completed the “Rogue Signal” side mission.
- You Got Red in You – Used your first Red Gel.
- Making Things a Little Easier – used your first High-Grade Weapon Parts.
- Now You’re Playing with Power – Upgraded a weapon to Level 3.
- A Little Extra Kick to it – Upgraded one of your Warden Crossbow bolts to max Level.
- DIY – Crafted something for the first time.
- Handyman – Crafted every type of item at least once.
- Doing Some Detecting – Collect 20 files.
- Half the Stash – Opened 16 lockers.
- Good to See You Again – Acquired the Warden Crossbow.
- Chatting with Kidman – Talked to Kidman about all of the photographic slides.
- Caffein Addict – Used every Coffee Maker at least once.
- Thinning Them Out – Killed 30 enemies.
- Clearing a Path – Killed 60 enemies.
- Smoke Assassin – Killed 3 enemies using upgraded Smoke Bolts.
- Shock Therapy – Stunned an enemy standing in water using a Shock Bolt.
- Wait For It… – Killed an enemy using an Ambush.
- Kick, Shoot, Burn – Killed 2 or more enemies at once using oil on the ground.
- Bootable Offense – Stomped and killed 15 fallen enemies.
- I Am The Night – Killed 10 enemies using Sneak Kills.
- Sometimes Fighting Isn’t the Answer – Avoided unnecessary bloodshed outside City Hall (Ch. 5)
- Death From Above – Killed 2 or more enemies at once using a hanging lamp (Ch. 9)
- No More Playing With Fire – Stopped a true believer from playing with his favorite toy (Ch. 11)
- Melancholy Memories – Reminisced about every moment from the past (Ch. 12)
- That Cinematic Feel… – Opted for a cinematic experience.
The Evil Within 2 launches for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on October 13th. To prep for the harrowing experience of revisiting STEM, fans can also check out the game’s recently unveiled launch trailer.
Source: Game Rant