Posted on November 11, 2011 AT 05:25pm
THE BUZZ: Battlefield 3 was the winner—there’s absolutely no surprise there. Some of the other results, however, are totally unexpected!
Here’s the top ten selling video games for October 2011 in North America:
- Battlefield 3 [360, PS3, PC] (almost 2 million copies sold)
- Batman: Arkham City [360, PS3] (1.5 million copies sold)
- NBA 2K12 [360, PS3, PSP, Wii, PS2, PC]
- Rage [360, PS3, PC]
- Just Dance 3 [Wii, 360]
- Dark Souls [PS3, 360]
- Madden NFL 12 [360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP]
- Forza Motorsport 4 
- Gears of War 3 
- FIFA Soccer 12 [360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, 3DS]
EGM’s TAKE: Dark Souls not only shows up on the list, but it’s #6 and beat out Forza 4 in its launch? I am really, really shocked to see that—but extremely happy, because Dark Souls really deserves any success it gets.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Unveiled, Higher Polygon Counts, a Man's Best Friend, Player Customization, and More28 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.